CBC Engineers & Associates (CBC) is a fast growing firm with exciting and award winning national projects.
We offer a friendly atmosphere, professional development, and a competitive benefits package. Though our atmosphere is relaxed and friendly, we are results-oriented and client-focused. We look for employees who are willing to work hard, solve problems, and who can help us grow.
We are based in Dayton, Ohio. The birthplace of aviation and home of the Wright brothers, Dayton offers big city amenities with affordable living, great schools, and Midwestern charm. Within an hour to an hour and half you could be in Cincinnati, Columbus, and Indianapolis. And finally, if you’re a college basketball fan, the road to the NCAA First Four starts in Dayton!
Qualified individuals should send their resumé and cover letter to Human Resources, or send email to mdownes@KBJWgroup.com.
CBC Engineers, a KBJW company, provides a full range of geotechnical, geo-structural, and environmental services to municipal and private clients throughout the US and Canada. We are seeking an environmental scientist to complete site investigations, wetland delineations, preparation of reports, and preparation of impact permits.
- 0-5+ years practical experience in environmental science such as wetland delineation, impact permitting, Phase I & II Environmental Site Assessment and other similar studies.
- B.S. in Environmental Science, Geology, Biology or related fields
- Strong writing skills and computer abilities including MS Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Strong communication skills, oral and written
- Plan and conduct field delineations of wetlands and waters of the US
- Prepare delineation reports, mitigation plans, and jurisdictional determinations
- Prepare permit applications under Sections 404/401 of the Clean Water Act
- Coordinate with state, federal, and local regulators as appropriate
- Prepare consultations with the US Fish and Wildlife Service
- Prepare Section 106 consultations with the State Historic Preservation Officer
- Conduct permit compliance monitoring and assist in conducting environmental site assessments.
- Sampling of coins, stormwater, wastewater and groundwater sources
- Manage multiple projects and be responsible for ensuring that deliverables, schedules, and budgets are achieved.
- Travel to project(s) as needed.