CBC Engineers & Associates (CBC) is a fast growing firm with exciting and award winning national projects.
We offer a friendly atmosphere, professional development, and a competitive benefits package. Though our atmosphere is relaxed and friendly, we are results-oriented and client-focused. We look for employees who are willing to work hard, solve problems, and who can help us grow.
We are based in Dayton, Ohio. The birthplace of aviation and home of the Wright brothers, Dayton offers big city amenities with affordable living, great schools, and Midwestern charm. Within an hour to an hour and half you could be in Cincinnati, Columbus, and Indianapolis. And finally, if you’re a college basketball fan, the road to the NCAA First Four starts in Dayton!
CBC Engineers, a KBJW Company and regional leader in providing Geotechnical, Environmental, Civil and Surveying services, is seeking a Branch Manager for Charleston, WVA. This is a special opportunity for a motivated individual who seeks the challenges of managing and growing a Branch Office within the AEC industry.
Manager will be responsible for operational management of the Charleston branch office providing consulting, construction materials testing/inspection and environmental services; recruitment, development and mentoring of personnel, including professional, technical, & administrative; business development activities including scope of work development, estimating and proposal preparation, and profit and loss responsibility.
- BS in Civil/Structural/Materials/Geotechnical Engineering
- P.E. registration
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in related field
- Certifications for ICC NICET Soils and ACI are a plus
- Personnel management, project management and profit & loss experience
- Strong business development interest and competency
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Local candidates are preferred, however all qualified candidates will be evaluated
CBC Engineers has excellent salary, profit sharing, and a full benefits package. Send resume and cover letter to Roxanne Carter, HR Coordinator, Koontz Bryant Johnson Williams, 1703 N. Parham Road, Richmond, VA 23233 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE
CBC Engineers, a KBJW Company and regional leader in providing Geotechnical, Environmental, Civil and Surveying services, is seeking a Senior Getechnical Testing Technician in Dayton Ohio Office.
This position will be required to complete various geotechnical inspections as required by specific project requirements.
The employee will be required to interact onsite with various clients. Typical clients will consist of footing contractors, site development contractors, real estate developers, and general contractors.
Duties may be expanded as needed based upon project requirements and additional services offered at a later date.
Typical Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.. Additional overnight and weekend hours are a possibility based upon specific projects but are typically limited to 1-2 per month.
Principal Duties and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proofroll inspections of prepared roadway and building pad subgrade.
- Compaction testing of controlled soils and aggregates.
- Inspection of soil conditions for prepared footing.
- Penetrometer testing to confirm soil bearing capacity values.
- Inspection of concrete placement within prepared footings and slabs.
- Completion of various concrete tests including slump testing, compressive strength test cylinders, temperature and entrained air content.
- Soil and aggregate sampling.
CBC Engineers is an equal opportunity employer.